"Hammerdown"

stagpanther

Anyone tried Federal's new optimized levergun ammo yet? I'm kinda curious though I hand load my own ammo. Mostly I'm wondering if they made a better bullet.

Looks interesting, fairly hot round. Should be good deer medicine, as for me I’ll stick with my 180gr XTP’s. I’m way too cheap to buy factory ammo.

Mostly I'm wondering if they made a better bullet.

Possibly, but personally I cannot afford to spend $2-3.50 PER SHOT to find out.

There is no "dead ++", and my loads have killed everything I've ever tried to kill with them, so I KNOW they work.

So, no, sorry, I haven't tried this new ammo, and don't think I'm going to. Just can't afford it these days.

I just spoke with a friend who checked on this ammo at the local gunshop, today. They don't have any and the owner says every time they have tried to order it, Federal has said it is unavailable.

Either they are not making very much of it, or it is only certain distributors who have/can get any, at this time.

Possibly a bit of both...

Either they are not making very much of it, or it is only certain distributors who have/can get any, at this time.
As I recall there was a period of "unobtanium" when they rolled out the 224 valk as well.

Back