Hammer springs for mini 14

Matt

Can anyone tell me where to get reduced poundage Hammer Springs for ruger mini 14? I've checked Brownells, can't find them there. I'd like to get a selection and try several different poundages. Part # and supplier would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Matt

Don't know where you are going to find a reduced hammer spring. Wolff has a heavier one on their site, but not reduced ones. You might want to email them to see if they have them or will make one for you. Wolff is pretty much the gun spring company. www.gunsprings.com

Reduced hammer springs may compromise the reliability of your Mini14 when you run into a hard primer that refuses ignite.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Just received my reply from Wolf Springs. They do not make and are not planning to make any reduced springs. I recently polished hammer and sear on both mine and my brothers mini. Brought both guns from unbearable to decent. Thought the spring would be the next step to getting a really nice trigger, since springs are not available, if anybody has any suggestions, please pass them my way. P.S. I know for this kind of work, I should send it to a gunsmith, but I have to learn somehow and it might as well be on my gun. Thanks again.
Matt

I'd buy a JP trigger/hammer combo and install same in a Bushmaster Shorty carbine. Then I'd be sure I had that Mini along when I went boating. They make great river anchors.

If you don't like my boat anchor idea, then you might try Brownell's stock #049-114-001, Accuracy Rifle Systems adjustable trigger for Mini's @ $63.96.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

[This message has been edited by WalterGAII (edited November 09, 1999).]

Walter,OUCH!lol!thanks for the brownell's tip,....think this is enough to convince the wife i need to get that bushmaster????

I choose lawyers a lot better than I choose wives, so I can't help you with the wife deal; however, if you can spring for the Bush, you really won't be sorry. Much easier to work on; many more easily-installed aftermarket parts, etc. Much better availability of hi-caps that work.

The JP trigger/hammer combo costs $135 in my Midway dealer's cat. Howver, I get a crisp, no-creep, no overtravel, 1.75# pull and shoot .5" with Berger match bullets.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

Back