Halographic sights...??

chadflys

Anyone here have any experience with the halographic red dots?? They seem lighter and lower profile. Just wondering how they compare to the regular red dots.

Thanks,

Chad

Yes...

Yes I do.....low profile....the red dot is projected forward to a lens about the size fo a quater some are square some are round...

Chad

Reflex sights.

I have small reflex (holographic) sights on a number of my guns. I have two from JPoint, and one from Truglo. I also have a slightly larger version from Trijicon and the full sized EoTech.
The little ones are on my target pistols. They are wonderful. One of them is slide mounted on a 1911 .45 and so it takes quite a beating. It has been on the gun for three years and still works fine. Battery life is good
The Truglo has a slightly larger dot and so is not as precise, though it is a whole lot easier to change the battery.
I have a shooting buddy who has the Docter sight on his Kimber 1911. Also works fine.
Pete

Dot Size...

I feel like I'm leaning toward the holographic sight for reasons of low profile and less weight. So......What dot size should I look for? I want the smallest possible. 4 seems to be the smallest I have seen.

Thanks,

Chad

I'm right on the edge of getting into Bullseye shooting so I've been wondering about which sights for both my Buckmark and the 1911 I'll be using.

Holosights seem nice but I wondered how "washed out" they'd be in bright sunlight.

sights

The smallest dots that I have seen are 4 MOA in this style of sight.
Outdoors - a photocell controls brightness - I haven't had a problem so far but also have not stood unprotected in the noon day sun with any of these. I had an ATN reflex sight that washed out in bright light, Don't know about these.
Pete

Back