Hallmark's reply to my e-mail

Art W

Inactive
I received a response from Halmark concerning an e-mail I sent them, which stated I am outraged at their stance supporting the anti-gun efforts in Missouri. They responded that they are taking that stance "to protect the children." What a load of Bull****!

Barf ... and, I'm so looking forward to their reply to mine. This is so outrageous, I'll stop by every Hallmark store and tell them I won't do business with them specifically because of this action.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited April 05, 1999).]

Interesting. I just tried to e-mail Hallmark twice. Both times the response was that their page was not available.
That's okay. I can wait. (Sound of angry fingers drumming on table...)

Art
Is the wording the same as I received? See the Hallmark anti self-defense thread for the reply I received.

NOTE: this reply is from Art W (different computer, different username).

Fal308 - Yup, the wording in the response I received is identical to what they sent you.

Mine too. SOS-DD. Good revenge will be sending them condolences on their loss on a card from American Greeetings Card Co.
M2

I was at Wal-Mart the other day. When I entered a WM employee was handing out coupons for 2 free Hallmark cards (Hallmark has a new line they are promoting)
I said in a very loud voice..."I don't want anything from a company that has no regard for the US Constitution"....some other customers asked what I was talking about, so I mentioned Hallmark's active anti-gun and pro-HCI position. Many people gave the coupons back and others dropped them on the floor. The main entrance floor walker came up to me and asked if I was going to cause more trouble....I said "stay the hell out of anti-American politics and I will behave, push this issue and I will write all the newspapers and cause you no end of grief"

The chump apologised and walked away. I'm so glad to live in a rural area :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I have confronted these people and I never mention guns.

I have found it very effective to tell reps from anti companies, "I refuse to buy from your company because you are supporting groups that believe in depriving citizens of their Constitutional Rights; I cannot support you as long as you support a police state and try to reduce the civil liberties of minorities and others."

If they say their company would never do that, I say that obviously the company does not want its employees to learn of its hidden policies and political activities, and walk away.

No mention of guns. Let them think about it.

[This message has been edited by Jim Keenan (edited April 06, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Jim Keenan (edited April 07, 1999).]

Just called them. Got the entry-level droid to get me slightly higher-level droid who told me they are doing it for the children. I told him they lost a customer and will lose more as I talk to others. Suggested matching donations to pro-RKBA groups.

Probably did not do much good...but what if...

Bastards!

------------------
Cornered "but cheery" Rat
http://ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited April 06, 1999).]

"...for the children...

What do kids have to do with CCW????!!

This is scarey! Its like a mindless religious mantra that you repeat enough times and it applies to everything. You don't have to think. This must have some kind of supra-natural embrace on the synapases ;)

Now if there was a bank account increasing mantra I'd be interested

------------------

Tell you what: do something for the children. Find a kind that has yet to learn firearms safety and use and take her out to the range...cover range fees and ammo. That would be doing something for the children.

Who knows, the kid you teach today might cover your dash for the foxhole in a few years...

Does anyone have a list of companies that support "Anti-gun rights"?
IKnow of Levi's, Burger king, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, If anyone has a list please e-mail it to me Thanks.

Bushwhacker...
Go to my website...at the bottom (all the small black print)

------------------

DC, you are so right. It is scary. Too many Americans don't THINK anymore ... they are just reacting and emoting. It is also dangerous, and I hope people get their heads back on before it becomes irreversible.

Back