Had my Kimber Customized...Wow!

Jonpod

I brought my Kimber Classic Stainless to a local pistol smith to have the slide flats polished, 30 lpi checkering on the front strap and replace the plastic mainspring housing with a steel one. The total was $220. It looks great with the high polish on the slide. I didn't get the frame flats polished like I originally wanted. Instead he polished the slide stop and safety on one side. And the slide stop end on the right side as well as the opposite side of the mag release button. Oh yeah he got the grip screws too. The checkering of the front strap has made the pistol feel very secure in my hand. I was worried at first about getting a butcher job but I am really glad this turned out all right. Originally I had planned to send the pistol back to Kimber's custom shop. This would have taken 3-5 weeks and I would have not been able to speak personally with the person doing the work. I gave my gun to this guy friday about noon and had it back saturday by 1PM. This was a great experience. Not only did I keep my money local but I learned that I have a very talented custom pistol smith I can bring future work to.

His name is Mike Hubble and he is located in Christiansburg Virginia. I will try to post pictures I have never tried to do that before. My wife has a digital camera though which is necessary without a scanner.

Does he have a store he works out of or does he do it out of his house? There was a Mike that had a shop on Route 11 out towards Shawsville, but I don't think that it's there anymore, and I didn't think he did any smith work. I would be interested in meeting him. - JHP

Hollowpoint

He works out of his house and I don't know if he had a shop on Rt. 11 or not. He has a card that calls his business Montgomery Arms but I think he turned in his FFL, too much hassle. Call 382-0260.

Sounds cool. My local gunsmith had a Para Ordnance that he jeweled the barrel. Very cool looking and not something you see everyday. Nothing like customizing a favorite weapon. Post some pics.

I am trying to post the photos I have them on a floppy and I can view them on my computer but I don't have a place to put them in order to create a link. Any suggestions?

Nice to know thre's a competant smith in this area of the country...nice work!

I just had my Kimber refinished, stippled and S&A magwell done at Art Leckies (Pa) and am also quite proud of the work.

I assume Mike's area code is 540? He's not that far from Lynchburg, so maybe we can do business.

Back