H&R single shot 20 gauge

kh1911

When i first got this shot gun i put 8 shots through it before the stiker plate broke. I got it fixed at a local store and i now have a new problem. Sometimes when i shoot the gun the shot wont go off. The primer on the shell has a slight dent in it like the firing pin hit it but with not enough power. I need this gun to work so how do i go about fixing this myself? thanks

Sounds like it may possibly be just getting dirty and gummy in the action... But that is only a first and easiest place to look and address...

Brent

You can't send it back to them?
Maybe with some pictures someone else could offer more hints.
I have no idea what the problem is. I have a 12ga I haven't been very nice to and I have been pretty impressed with how it has held up.

Sounds like you need a full, firm trigger pull. A nice gentle squeeze just to the point of hammer release will often allow the transfer bar to drop and you get failure to fire. Full pull of the trigger is necessary. GW

Weak springs or something? Does the hammer drop with authority or kind of weak-like? Dry fire it a few times and look in there closely while you do it. See if you see anything weird

Back