H&R single action .22

I know they are rifles and this is the revolver forum ...:D Seriously, I got 84 hits on a search for the string "H&R". Lots of them are on .22 LR.

H&R made a couple of "Sportsman" models of revolver in single action, though they were not in the traditional single action configuration, being single action versions of their double action revolvers. They also later made some revolvers that looked like "cowboy" guns, but were actually double action. There was also a single shot, called the USRA model, made from 1928-1941.

Jim

Jim - I saw a cowboy-style SA revolver in .22 (like a 1873 [?] Colt). Maybe it was SA/DA. It definitely looked a LOT newer than 1928-1941! More like 1998. Maybe it wasn't H&R after all.

sensop - I found no hits when searching the subject line only. When I searched the body of the threads, too, I got about the same # of hits as you did, but when I looked through the threads none of them were really about an H&R six-shooter.

Keenan is right, the Sportsman came in a single action variation. I collected them for a while. I liked the top break action, the fully adjustable sights and wrap around wood grip. They weren't too expensive to buy even in excellent condition. Each one that I had was a fine shooter. Parts were available from Gun Parts.

I have one.

Sweet gun. Bluing like an old Colt. "Single Action" very lightly etched on barrel. Windage adjustable rear sight. Elevation adj. front sight. 9 shot. Smooth action and crisp trigger. Very light and handy gun. 6" bbl and looks like a 999 Sportsman except no vent rib. Brass or gold bead front sight.
Very high quality and very accurate. In fact I take it out more than my K22 because it is so light, accurate and EASY to load with the break action.
Nice gun. Not real valuable except to those who know and love it.

I have an H&R 22 w/ 22 LR a 22 WMRF cylinders, adj sights, double action though styled as a single action revolver. Once I had the trigger worked on, it became a sweet shooter. Have taught several people to shoot with it, including our two kiddos. It now resides, loaded with 22 WMRF, as the THIRD line of defense in our house.

Be safe, ya'll!........

Well, I bought one like Aggie's. It's an H&R 22 w/ 22 LR & 22 WMR cylinders, adj sights, and is a double action that looks like a single action revolver. The SA trigger pull is nice; the DA trigger pull is heavy. I think the model number is 629.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Back