H&R self-loading Pistols (guns of the day)

johnwill

Here is a matched set... well, kind of a matched set. A .25ACP and .32ACP H&R self-loader

67847_H7R_25_Model_1_417small8.jpg

67848_H3R_Self3Loading_32_525small5.jpg

Very nice.

If I could collect anything, it would be U. S. made .32 automatics from the early part of the last century.

I have a 1903 Colt Pocket Pistol in .32 ACP. Just like Philip Marlowe......

Others are the Remington, the Savages, maybe even an Infallible.

Oh, well. Good for you.

Archie, I almost hate to admit this, but I have I have the 1903 Colt in .32 ACP, the Remington Model 51, the Savage 1907 & 1917, and the Warner Infallible. The early 1900's mouseguns are a hoot, and there are so many that I'll never get bored collecting them! :)

The .32 H&R is like new, probably 98-99%. They do look a lot like the Webley, though I think most of the Webley semi-autos have an exposed hammer. Perhaps H&R just lifted the design and modified it enough to call it their own. :)

H&R Automatic Pistol: .32 Cal. which while based on the Webley, had no precise Webley counterpart. it had an internal hammer lock, a bridged open-top-side , and extended slender barrel, and a short grip safety behind the butt. It also used a coil patern recoil spring instead of the Webley V spring. This pistol appeared in 1913, with production continuing until the early 1920's.

The Auto pistol, above photo: Mfg'd from 1910 to 1914 under licence from Webley & Scott (q.v.) though differing in minor respects from the British made prototypes. It was also hammerless using an internal hammer, and the differences in the lockwork of the H&R versoin was probably due to mfging convenience.

HJN

Last edited:
Thanks Harley, I knew they were similar to the Webley, but I didn't know how much they borrowed from them. I have my eye out for a Webley too, would be nice to put it next to the H&R for a contrast. :)

Back