H&R mdl1928?

rms/pa

a lady came into the shop tonight
with a harrington & richardson?
model 1928? revolver , rusty@40%
22 rimfire, black plastic grips with a target (and group of shots) embossed on the grips

what can does anyone know about one of these?
@ value? safety? ..22 rimfire what? shorts,longs,long rifle?

thanks in advance.

rms/pa
serial #66xxx

Can you give more information? Such as number of shot cylinder (5,6,7 or 9), top break or solid frame swing out cylinder etc.
The only references I can find to a .22 with a four digit model number is the 1904 double action revolver (21st edition Gun Parts Catalog). All other numbers are either two or three digit numbers.

woof, it looked like a solid frame with a loading,channel(no gate)
1904 sounds good,it was one of the options.
it looked like it was more than 6 shots,
over all it was a small pistol , no more than 6" over all

that is about the extent of my info.

rms/pa

My guess is you're describing the Harrington & Richardson Model 6 (a.k.a. Model 1906). This was a solid frame 7-shot revolver chambered in .22 LR made from 1906-1941. It was offered in either a blued or nickel finish with a 2.5", 4.5" or 6" barrel, fixed sights and hard rubber grips. In excellent condition it wouldn't be worth more than $100. Based on the condition you've described its value would be much less. I would strongly urge it being inspected by a gunsmith before you attempt to fire it. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical

[This message has been edited by Steven Mace (edited July 08, 2000).]

thanks steve,
the pistol is not mine, this lady pastor brought it into the shop i go to.
seems she had it in the back of a cabinet and her new(soon to be ex) husband found it
(what the heck was he doing in her cabinet?)
and went ballistic. said she could not have it in her/his house. he later got it out of the cabinet and left it under the seat in her car... in PA here that is a major no no ,as she does not have a carry permit.
she has left it at the shop for appraisal
whilst she gets this marriage annulled.

btw i told her about the passage in luke 22/36 about swords, she had never noticed it.

rms/pa

Back