H&R Handi Rifle 357mag

railroadman

Inactive
I saw a single shot rifle with a 22 inch barrel.It has a 3X9 scope.Trigger bul is stiff. I saw it again yesterday now its home.It is like new and is a has a lamited stock. 75 yards 5 shots about 1 1/12 I like it. will hunt Hogs in Florida My S&W model 28 4 inch are a good pair.

Somewhat old school,,,

Somewhat old school,,,
But I like them anyways. :)

I have the polymer stock version of that rifle,,,
As well as the polymer Handi-Rifle in .22 LR.

I haven't shot anything bigger than armadillos with mine,,,
But with 180 grain semi-jacket round nose,,,
They literally explode.

Yours should drop a hog with no problem.

Happy hoggin'

Aarond

same ammo

I realize the same ammo for both rifle and handgun is a plus.

But, if you have your H&R rechambered to a .357 Maximum, you will have no need of your handgun for hog hunting.

I use a single in maximum and have yet to need a second shot.

Many of these were re-chambered for max as ammo.crafter suggested. They are also somewhat in demand by those who want to convert. I looked for one for a long time before breaking down and buying an Encore barrel.

pair

I always thought that one of the H&R rifles in .357 or .44 would make a good utility/truck rifle. Good luck with yours.

a single shot can fulfill the needs of lots of people. It can perform out to realistic ranges. A .357 is fully capable of killing most small to medium game. A scope is a plus unless it will interfere with your hunting.

It may be a fine idea to use a dot sight. You may not need magnification and it may be a whole lot easier to use when hunting.

the rolling block would be a wonder in .357 maximum with ability to fire other sizes. I'm sold.

Can't imagine that 500 rounds through it with soft lead target .38 would be a good idea at all. A box once in a while for the 10 year old boy probably wouldn't hurt. But it also begs the question of whether the round would even work.

So the point is completely wasted thought, if a person handloads, I guess. Just download the brass that you have.

It might be a good idea to bottleneck maximum brass to only fit the bullet so that the low pressure .38 equiivalents don't have to expand the whole length of the brass. I dunno.

Back