H&r 922

dbrn

Inactive
My uncle gave me this pistol, Pat. 1904730. octagon barrel. double action. 9 shot H&R 22. can you tell when it was made. ser: 153683. Thanks Dan

I will be happy if anyone knows better, but those revolvers were made from about 1900 to 1942, with the octagon barrel being the earlier ones. My wild a** guess would be in the late 1920's or early 1930's. The model number was continued in 1950, but only round barrels were made.

Jim

The 922 was produced as a "first issue" with octagon barrel and checkered walnut grips, and then later as a "second issue" with round barrel and black plastic grips. There is also a 923 which is the same as the second issue 922, but nickle plated. The first issue guns are worth $150 at the high end and the second issue guns are worth $100 at the high end. The first issue guns were discontinued in 1941. I am gonna agree with Jim in his guess of the '20's to '30's.

Last edited:
Hum . . . I have an old H&R nine shot with checkered walnut handles and a round barrell. Transition piece? Allen

Probably not a 922. What other characteristics does it have? Top break? Swing out? Removable cylinder? .22lr or .22 mag? Barrel length? Finish?

My bad . .

Yeah, I think you are right, I believe it is an old 999. The model # is not indicated on the gun, but it is similar in appearance to the more recent 999's. It was interesting to me that the walnut checkered handles -- like those on my gun -- we used on the earlier version of the 922/23, but not the later ones. Maybe that helps me date the gun I have.

Allen

Back