H & R 760

Prof Young

Picked up an H&R 760 (S, L, LR 22) for a great price. Interesting gun. Single shot blowback action. Bolt opens and ejects the shell and stays open. Apparently BATF discouraged their production for fear that it would be too easy to turn it full auto by adding a magazine etc.

Stock is in great shape. Have not inspected bore yet. A touch of rust. Will clean and shoot and let you know.
Life is good.
Prof Young

Attachments

• H and R.jpg
    H and R.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 62
Help!!!!1

So I took this thing apart for a general cleaning. Made the mistake of taking the trigger assembly apart because it looked really dirty. Now I can't figure out how to get it back together. I can find a schematic, which helps alot, but not general reassembly instructions. Any help in this regard would be most appreciated.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Fixed it and shot it.

Given the schematic of the gun, I finally figured out how to put it back together. Part of the process is to put the bolt back in before you reassemble the trigger. The other secret it to push the hammer spring guide, with spring in place, through the hole that retains it, compress the spring and hold it in place. (See pic below.) Even then it's hard to get all the holes lined up to drive the pin in, but it's doable. Then watch the end of the trigger spring. It has a tiny plunger that is easy to lose, but you can get replacements from Numrich. :-)

Shot the thing today and it works as advertised. Bolt blows back, ejects the case and stays open. Worked for shorts and long rifle. The accuracy is acceptable for a gun that size. Has a built in scope rail so we may add that.

Fun little gun. Kinda unique.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Attachments

• spring guide.jpg
    spring guide.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 24
Back