H&R .22 Young America parts source?

hal9000

This isn't exactly a rare or valuable item, except for the fact that in about 2 years of occasional searches I haven't found one single replacement part for it... I'm hoping somebody can point me the right direction.

I have an H&R Young America revolver chambered in .22 long that I inherited from my great grandmother. It has a split chamber on the cylinder (I'm guessing somebody tried to shoot .22 LR out of it) which I'd like to replace if I can find the part.

Aside from ebay or gunbroker, does anybody have any suggestions on where I might look?

Barring that, is there a safe way to repair a split cylinder? I don't need it to be an invisible repair, but I don't want to plug it.

Thanks

Have to admit I've never even heard of Numrich. Aside from family heirlooms, I'm not much of a collector. 98% of the firearms I own are under 30 years old. so I don't do much searching for antique/rare parts.

Unfortunately, Numrich doesn't have the cylinder. You might consider buying a complete gun from Gunbroker and using it for parts - or asking the seller to just send you the cylinder.

maybe if I can find one that's already clobbered.... I found Numrich's website and checked. At least I know where to check now. Sounds as if they buy and part out old guns....

BTW, I know the feeling. I have the .38 short version of your gun and I've been trying to find a center pin catch spring for years. The old one is long gone and I've gotten by with one that I made up that isn't quite right.

I just can't bring myself to buy a parts gun to fix up one that I only paid $30 for, though.

Ayup... Tough one. There's a non-working complete unit on gunbroker right now that I'll probably bid on if it doesn't go too high to justify.

Hardcase, if you made a spring that was "almost right" the first time, I'd consider trying again. Springs aren't all that tough to make...

Back