H&R .22 Revolvers?

Tim Croley

Does anybody have any info on these guns?

They look pretty good and I would like to have a new .22 to replace my old High Standard "The Marshal".

Thanks for any replies!

I owned one back in the 70s and it was a great value. It was perfect for walking around in the woods. I noticed the "H&R Firearms" link on Marlin's web page returns a "Coming Soon" message. And the NEF and H&R links are no longer shown on Shooters.com.

That's the H&R Sportsman 999. The one that I'm interested in is the 929 Sidekick. It has a 9 shot, swing-out cylinder, adjustable sights, and a 4" barrel.

A friend of mine bought a used NEF Ultra .22 and it seems to be a pretty good .22 for the money.

Those H&R revolvers were not bad guns for the money, but I think an S&W K-22 or Ruger Single Six would be a better buy for long lasting quality and retaining value.

Jim

Have a single action Sportsman

It drives me nuts, it is my most accurate handgun. I think the trigger is 8-10 OZ! I have shot several dime sized 9 shot groups with it at 25yds.

I've had a 929 with the 6" barrel for about 25 years now. It still sees the light of day a few times a year when I want to give my hands a rest from firing the .454, .41 MAG, .44 MAG, and T/C Contender. It's still as accurate as when I first bought it and the only ammo that has ever given me any problems is Aquilla due to the case expansion. I've seen used ones at the gun shop and guns shows going for $125 and up depending on condition. Try the auction sights.

Back