H&K USP in .357 Sig anytime soon

I'm looking for a full-side duty-type pistol. I'd like to know more about the USP in general and if it will be offered in the .357 Sig. round.

Thanks much.

I think there were some issues with the Full sized USPs being able to chamber the Sig round with the .40 frame...

Whether or not it will be offered in .357 Sig in the near future, I do not know. Federal arms makes conversion barrels for many pistols, but HK is not one of them the last time I checked, so unless the factory produces a barrel kit or new weapon, you most likely will have to settle for a .40.

Some of the advantages of the USP's are.
1.Accessory Rails for light/laser attatchements.
2. High Cap magazines
3. Light weight polymer frames
4. HE finish for duty use
5. Choice of fire systems and methods with modules. The most common models have the DA/SA mode, plus the option of carrying "cocked n locked" safety on, plus decocker.
6. Ambi Mag release. It takes some getting used to, but mag changes can be done using the trigger finger without shifting your grip.

The only real disavantages I see are the high prices of the weapons and a monopoly on parts and magazines.

Good SHooting
RED

Last time I heard...

HK said they would not produce a full size .357 due to lack of sales. I have heard of people dropping in .357 barrels in the full size and the compact (the compact DOES come from the factory in .357), but the full size has problems chambering the rounds for some reason. Do a search on the subject on http://www.hkpro.com you should find some info there.

Back