H&K USP Compact 40

BobRowe

I recently purchased a USP Compact in .40 S&W. This is my first H&K pistol. It is the TDA variant.

Does anyone have any suggestions for smoothing or lightening the DA trigger pull?

If not, does anyone know of a good gunsmith in SE Michigan who works on USPs? Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't THINK that the match trigger will fit the compact...

USP triggers smoothe up some as they get used. So get some snap caps or range time and have at it.

As for gunsmiths, I've never had my full-size done, but if I did, I'd send it to Jarvis... Why? Only because I hear good things on TFL about it, no personal experience at all.

Hang on, I'm sure you'll be getting lots of good suggestions soon...

There was a local gunsmith who told me he could lighten the trigger pull on my USPc by installing a lighter spring. I understand this modification is not unheard of with Berettas, but it was the first I'd heard of it with USPs.

For what it's worth, the USP does seem to hit the primer hard. I have a snap cap with a hole dug in the rear metal from only a few dozen clicks. I switched to the AZoom caps.

Perhaps the heavy spring ignites hard primers more reliably? Perhaps it's also the cause of the occaisional broken firing pin in USPs?

I decided not to mess with it. While the DA pull is heavy, I shoot fine with it and I really try to keep things stock in defensive pistols.

You might have to wait a while for a retrofit kit, but I'm hearing very positive reviews of the new LEM trigger. It's a DAO trigger with a lighter pull. Right now, it's only available in new USPs and I hear there's a federal agency contract gobbling most of them up.

Back