H&K USP .40 Compact - Oh how sweet it is!

Hank Smith

Finally got my new H&K USP .40 Compact yesterday with night sights. The gun is great, I tried it at the range and it was dead on. At 18ft. I had no problems getting it close if not within the bullseye, 25ft. was alright, and 50ft. I was just glad to hit the paper. Of course practice makes perfect, and I need the practice. The nightsights are really awesome, and they make targeting in low light conditions not a problem. The gun is super easy to disable and clean. I purchased the Variant 1 edition of the gun, just because that model seems to have the most safeties. I really enjoy the decocker and the key system that locks the gun out completely, really nifty idea.

Just wanted to thank everyone again for recommending such a great gun. Hopefully it will last through the years, I think it will though :)

By the way just placed my order at http://www.ammoman.com, some great prices.

Hank

GREAT choice! I too have a USP .45 for HD and use 230gr SXTs for the moment. My CCW is a G27 and I use 155gr Speer Gold Dots - great load for a .40. I do, however, really really want a USP 40 compact. Congrats.

Already suffering

I am already suffering, I feel the need to buy everything for this gun. Just blew some money at http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com Hey Onslaught that is great price for the UTL, hmmm, well have to wait a little while, need to get more money in the bank :)

H&K .45 is also a very nice gun, have to wait on that also. Can't wait to go back to the range.

Just finished a mod on my USP45. I like cocked-and-locked carry, so I modified the hump on the safety/decock to keep it from slipping all the way through to decock so easily. safety feels more positive now, and decock is something I intend instead of do accidentally....

I heard the USP/C line was specifically built around the .40 cartridge. Between the USP/C, Sig P229, and the Glock 23 I think its got the best grip for small to medium hands. Don't forget to practice that DA trigger and use snap caps when you dry fire. Like the Glock .40 kB! cases there are lots of rumours about USP firing pins breaking easily. Just in case, don't take that chance.

George, do you have any info on the mod? I'm guessing that it involved altering the safety plate (detent?).

Thanks...

Back