H&K UMC carbine?

tenders

I just found out about this carbine. I was not aware of it berofe seeing ads for it on Gunsamerica (around$1200). I checked it out on H&K's website, and it looks interesting. What do we know about this one? I have been thinking about a pistol caliber carbine for a while now, and the UMC looks like a nice piece. Does it have the same problem as the other H&K civvie rifle in that it is physically restricted to 10rnd mags? Is there any other higher capacity mag that would fit in this thing?

-Tim

Tim,
The UMC carbine is a selective fire carbine. As far as I know, it's LEO/military only unless you have special connections. I have the USC 45 (civilian model semi-auto) and have no problems with it. Yes there is a recall but it is totally voluntary. I will shoot it until something happens to the operating rod.

Yeah...
My range had an HK "demo day" yesterday. LOTS of fun here. They had all of the pistol caliber HK subguns and pistols there, and you could shoot them for the cost of the range ammo (a bit expensive). So, I got to have a go with the USC carbine, which I loved. They were selling them for $1065 that day only, but were sold out already. I loved that carbine. I shot the bullseye out of a target rapid fire at 25 yards.

I also got to have a go with an MP5-SD, with the intergal silencer. Wow. If you can't hit what you're aiming at with that, open your eyes.

It was fun to watch one of the HK guys cut the center out of a terget at 10 yards by emptying an ENTIRE magazine from a UMP .45 on full auto. He was incredible. All in all, a fun day.

-Tim

American Rifleman has a pix of the USC in this months issue:
usc_sm.jpg
http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/Pages/civil_rifle.html#Anchor-USC-49425

Back