H&K SR9 info ?

New 2 H&K's

Inactive
Can someone tell me what the main difference is between the H&K91 & SR9. From what I've been told the SR9 is more accurate. I'm assuming the 91 parts fit the SR9, they appear to be the same.

Don't forget, there were two versions of the SR9: SR9 and SR9(T).

The tweaked rifle that Gary described is the SR9(T). The standard SR9 is a thumbhole stock/non-flash hider HK91...an import ban beater pure and simple.

Best Wishes,

Daniel

The primary difference between the SR9 and the HK91 is the barrel. The SR9 has a heavier 20" polygon barrel (as opposed to an 18", relatively light, conventionally rifled barrel).

The SR9T is the SR9 with the MSG90 buttstock, PSG1 trigger, and PSG1 grip.

The SR9TC is the SR9 with the PSG1 buttstock, PSG1 trigger, and PSG1 grip.

The SR9s are very fine shooters, but I've seen both examples shoot under MOA with their preferred ammo. The primary advantage of the SR9 is that it is easier to clean, and the T and TC variants have FAR superior triggers, HK triggers normally being horrid from the factory.

I contacted H&K in Germany all they could say was the gun came into the US in Nov. 1990. Why is it so hard to find info on this gun? If i had a 91 model I wouldn't have as much problems.

These guns weren't around long, so not many were ever imported. The T and TC are particularily rare. Consequently, you don't see them mentioned very much. Still, they are basically HK91s, and anything that applies to the 91 pretty much applies to the SR9.

The buffer in the butt stock is also different from a '91. It's from an MSG-90. The SR-9's were discontinued until just this last year. Like Dave said, you won't see very many of them around.

Back