H&K SL-8

Castle

I was thinking about picking up one of these. Have any of you all had any experiences good or bad? Thanks Dave

Its a very good rifle. Very good indeed.
Its ONLY shortcoming is its 10 round magazine. The reciever is milled specially (or should I say MOLDED?) to only accept the special 10 rd mags.
If a clever US company was to make a new lower reciever for it - let it take standard AR type mags... then that would be outstanding. Untill then if you want it - your limited. And in about 4 years that limit may go away legally yet you'll still be stuck with a 10 rd rifle.
Upside: You can now get accessories for it that will dress it up to look almost like a regular G36 which is what this rifle is based on. This includes the build in Optics package and optional dual sight unit.
The regular optical gun sight you can get for it is very very good. The rectical lets you get some fast shooting done with reliable hitting... but nothing you would want to try long range precision with. How ever the circle recticle would probably let you do very well on round bullseye targets - kinda like a olypic shooter's sights.

Over all its a worthy gun.

An optional gun to look at if your in that price range is the M-96 Expiditionary rifle.
Do a search to find my thread about this rifle... its outstanding. The Carbine version very sweet and IMO on par with the HK. And better yet - it uses the readily available AR type mags and looks very good with a full 30 rounder hanging out the bottom.

------------------
"I like the word 'indolence.' It makes my laziness seem classy." -Bern Williams

Back