H&K P7M8 Holster recommendation?

Tracer

Could someone give me some guidance about a holster for this weapon? I am looking for otw carry,not in the small of the back.
Thanks
Tracer

Mitch Rosen (www.mitchrosen.com) makes a model , the ARG Plus expressly for the P7M10. All of his models are hand boned to a specific firearm. Look at his site and contact him with any questions you may have. I have purchased a number of pieces from him and have been very satisfied with his work. He's earned all my holster business.

Holsters for P7

As someone who has tried a Kramer, a Rosen, and a Sparks for outside the waist carry for my P7 I recommend the Alessi CQC/S. Works great in keeping the P7 against the body and unlike all the other holsters it takes away the 'top heavy' feeling. By the way, the ARG is an inside the waist holster. I don't uses IWB holstes because I just do not like the way they feel plus I hate to get my pants a size larger in case I don't wear my gun. If you have any other questions please ask - I have a box full of holsters for the P7. Great gun but hard to find a holster for it. Try the HKPRO.com and Parkcitiestactical.com board for this topic. Many long discussions.

one more thing...wait time

Alessi will fill your order in 2 weeks. Most of the other makers will take much longer - some up to 6 months. My Alessi looks and feels just as good as any of the other holsters, plus he will custom the holster for you if you need.

Although I'm a foaming-at-the-mouth Lou Alessi fan, I'm in no way associated with his operation. The comments below are clipped from previous postings of mine on the subject. I'd highly recommend doing a aseach on people's experience with Lou and one on people's experiences with Rosen (you can come to your own conclusion based on what you read).

Hope this helps!
The CQC/S is a top quality product. It holds the pistol in tight against the body to aid in concealment and retention yet yields the weapon quickly when needed. The convenience of removing the holster via the snaps (as opposed to removing your entire belt in a parking lot in the middle of the day) is fantastic. Material and workmanship are equal to the Kramer and Rosen products I have handled and/or owned.

Almost as important as the high quality product itself is the fact that you deal with Lou Alessi - a true gentleman. I have had nothing but above average dealings with Lou. The one time he made a small mistake on an order of mine, he corrected it within days(including shipping time) and added a free mag pouch (a free $45 product on a $90 original order) for my trouble. When I mentioned to him in an e-mail that I was thinking of buying one of his holsters off a guy on eBay, he reminded me that if the holster needed refurbishment of adjustment that he would take care of it for FREE. When he learned I was moving (I wanted to make sure he knew where to send the bill), he, without my asking, rushed several holsters through to me so I could have them prior to the move. This was a relatively large order for me but Lou's a busy guy and I'm sure it didn't represent a blip on his sales charts. Still, he went out of his way just because.

Alessi Hoslters, Inc.
716-691-5615 tel
716-691-5639 fax
LFAlessi@cs.com

2465 Niagara Falls Blvd.
Amherst, NY
14228-3527

Tried 'em all, leather and Kydex. Check (search) here and Park Cities Tactical for LOTS of discussion.
The very best OWB holsters for the P7 are:
Matt Del Fatti's LP-QS (http://www.delfatti.com/)
Lou Alessi's CQC/S
Ken Null's GSS (Gibraltar Speed Scabbard).
They all work well, though they are each best worn in slightly different locations, and at slightly different cants. The Del Fatti I have is at a 10 degree cant, worn just barely behind the point of the hip. The Alessi holster sits a bit farther back, and has a 15 degree cant. Ken Null's GSS has the most radical cant (almost 30 degrees), and is worn almost over the rear "hip pocket". "You pays your money and you takes your choice."
The Del fatti offers an almost-vertical draw, while the others require a slight "break" of the wrist to draw.
All three makers know their stuff, and are truly Master holstermakers, unlike some of the Journeyman guys out there (no names, at least not on a public forum) who don't really know how to make a holster that will properly balance and conceal this odd, butt-heavy, short-framed little gun, but will still be willing to try, at your expense.
No foolin'. I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Don't overlook kydex holsters. The P-7 series is grip heavy and had bad luck with leather for it. I now have a Blade-Tech belt holster that carries my M8 tight against my side. No straps, easy to clean, durable and holds the gun until you want it. The molded kydex locks around the trigger guard and has polished the plastic heat shield a bit. Other than that, it's perfect.

I understand Mad Dog makes his holsters to fit P-7 series guns. I've heard nothing but good things about his stuff.

I hear so many wonderful things about those Alessi CQC/S holsters. What belt thickness is it built for? I can't seem to find that information.

I don't recommend Alessi

Tracer,

I read glowing praise about Alessi holsters all over the Glocktalk forum. I bought
an Alessi ankle holster for a new Glock 26 but was very disappointed. Insertion
force is 50 pounds and withdrawal force is about 100 pounds!!! I called Alessi
and they did not admit a problem. They told me to pound the Glock into the
holster and pound plastic strips in to stretch the holster. Why did I not think of
that???
I put my experience on Glocktalk and many of the Alessi fans said it was normal
to have to break in a holster by stretching it. BULL****!
I have Galco, Bianchi & Kramer holsters which fit perfect out of the box for my
P7s.
I carry my P7 PSP is a Kramer IWB holster. I recommend it highly. Well
designed for comfortable carry, perfect fit and works like new after four years.

Good luck!

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona

DWAlton is right on the money in my experience with Blade-Tech. The P7 is an odd beast for holsters, and Kydex seems to be a better material for executing the best compromise between ease of draw, secure hold, consistent and long term durability no maintenance, no moisture absorption etc. for this particular pistol. I've seen a few pretty marginal kydex products, but Blade-Tech's are very well done and ought to last near forever. I find that the non-canted models place the P7 at a more comfortable angle, which is virtually the opposite of what's worked for me with other handguns. Blade-Tech's magazine holders are also first rate. There are two models--standard and long. For defensive use, the long models are better since they provide more protection to the magazine and a more secure hold. For some reason Blade-Tech makes the short versions as standard. You have to ask if you want the longer ones.

BT's customer service is great. They make everything custom, but have no problem shipping any combination of their designs, the better for a customer to try what works best, and are then happy to take back whatever you don't want. (I think they sent me seven or eight designs in canted, non-canted, both of their two materials, different belt attachments etc.)

Tracer,

I'm using a Del Fatti IWB holster that I like a lot. Here's a link to my post on another board (with picture):

http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000307.html

You can't go wrong ordering from Alessi. Although I don't have a CQC/S for a P7M8, I do have 2 of them, for a Glock and a Sig, and I think it's a great design that would work for a P7M8. (I'm actually waiting for delivery of a CQC [no snaps] for my P7.) Plus, if you have a problem with the holster, Alessi will fix it to your satisfaction. I had a little problem with my first order, Alessi went above and beyond to make sure I was happy, and now I'm a loyal fan!

I've also had good products and customer service from Blade-Tech.

I have tried everything( it seems like) for the P7, and hands down, no contest, the Alessi's are tops. At least for me, the Blade Tec rides too high, the Rosen was a HUGE dissappointment, the Kramer stained my pants and looked mass produced. Arratoonian in England makes good quality holsters, but I have to say the Alessi models I have (shoulder, Hideout, CQC-I)are the finest examples of the art I've seen. Recent comments about being too tight are simply wrong...off-the-shelf, mass market stuff like Bianci and Galco are just a good fit out of the wrapper because they aren't made tight enough. Everybody with any sense seems to agree you need to expect a certain breakin period, after which things are great. As to customer service, Louis Alessi is again hands down the most cordial, professional man in the business. Such gentlemen are rare in any trade.
I think you will find the CQC-I is the perfect solution to carrying the P7. I've worn one daily for 2 years and it's the best I've tried. You won't find it in Lou's normal list of models...ask for it; you won't be sorry

Back