H&K G3

Third demon

Hello every1.....Im going to look at(buy)a H&K G3 tommorow and was hoping that someone could tell me what to look for!!How do I tell if Its original or clone?Is there anything that I should look for that would make It worthless.I'm buying it for an investment,but will also be shooting the crap out of it also.What would be fair market value of this rifle!!!!!thanx for any help!!!!....3rd

[This message has been edited by Third demon (edited April 21, 1999).]

The markings you will find on a real G3 are as follows:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>G3 HK (serial number month/year of manufacture) on left side of magazine housing. Weapons which have been refurbished will have HK and the month/year stamped into the right side of the magazine housing.[/quote] from the Jane's Guns Recognition Guide
I hope that helps you out some.

------------------
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

Do a search for "HK Clone." There has been a lot of stuff on this. I would steer well clear of the aluminum Federal Arms receivers. If it costs less than $1500, it's probably a clone.

3rd Demon,

I presume that you did not mean HK-91 series semi-auto rifles as apparently inferred by Destructo6. If it is a registered original German G3 (selective fire battle rifle) your cost is going to be in the $5,000-$7,000 range, plus transfer fees (if not included) plus the Federal Tax Stamp of $200. Several manufacturers in the U.S. have converted HK-91s to G3 specs. There is a great disparity amongst the quality of work on these conversions, so before you plop your money down, it would be time well spent if you learn the differences between them. A few of the manufacturers are no longer in business, but their work is still circulating on the Class-III market.

Back