H+K G-3 Is 825 BUCKS A GOOD PRICE?

If its based on the domestic aluminum receiver, keep your money. Buy an AR instead. I saw one and having played with one from the fatherland for years, felt I was holding a movie prop and not the real MacMeier.

Haven't seen the Hesse Arms one and they made be a different story from that cast aluminum one which I believed you saw.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Yeah, these flat-topped Federal Arms G3/HK-91 receivers are crap in my opinion. If you add the prices of the individual parts, they shouldn't add up to $850. There are previous threads that cover this subject exactly. Try a search for "G3 Clone ", "Cheap HK", or Federal Arms.

Unfortunately, the only Hesse Arms HK receiver I've seen was no better. Some of the attachment points were visibly off from square and the welds looked like a trainee did them.

Either buy the real deal, assuming you have the money, or find something else that fits the bill.

Folks,
If it doesn't say "H&K" or Heckler & Koch on the firearm, it isn't. Don't waste money on the imitations...

Folks~

I just got an Hesse G3 last week for 900 dollars. It is of good quality and looks like the Portugese version of the HK91. The upper receiver is a lot nicer than the other US made clones out there. The fit and finish is quite good, and the welds are not sloppy. It shoots iron-sights at 100yds=2" groups, with milsurp ammo. For the money I think it was worth it. Especially after getting tired of ARs. If I had the money for the real thing I would've bought one long ago, but other expenses loom. I still prefer my Springfield M1A, but I was itchin' for a new toy.

Tell us about your Hesse Arms G3. Was it a complete rifle or a parts kit + reciever? Like I said, the only Hesse G3 reciever I've seen was bare metal and looked bad.

It was a complete rifle, and the receiver is a deep black/bronze in color, which I think is quite attractive. The fit is exceptional. Functioning has been flawless, although it's kinda tough getting used to the forward-positioned cocking lever. I have been pleased, and the Hesse Rep at ar15.com has been helpful. For any direct-to-manufacturer questions, I suggest you go to aformentioned site and look under Hesse Arms, and direct questions to Hesse Rep.

Have looked at the Hesse web site www.hessearms.com. The prices that they show, MSRP, look good so far. Still unsure of which model to concentrate on . The HK 91 or the AR-15. Both in my opinion are good rifles.

I have looked at Hesse Arms ever since I have heard of Hesse's 50 cal AR-15...
They are good.
If you want an HK G-3, and dont have 3 grand for one... Hesse is the way to go. And since this new ban is crimping us even tighter... may be the ONLY option one has to get a G-3.
It may not be HK - but it follows the patern... and that doesn't suck.

I dont know about ALL Hesse stuff. Just check out the individual peice you may get... Check it close... But don't be too worried - Hesse has good Customer Service from what I have gathered over at AR-15.com...

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Back