H&k customer service issues

MINSH101

Recently I went to a local gun store to view some guns as I'm getting ready to make a purchase. I was looking at the H&K P30. I was asking the person behind the counter a series of questions regarding reliability when another customer mentioned he HAD a H&K. His pistol malfunctioned so he called customer service and was treated rather rudely according to him. The worker verified he too had issues with their customer service.

Are these two isolated incidents of a common occurrence with this company?

He said / she said. Every firearm made has had issues or trouble with their customer service. Take the plunge. It is only money.

Have a P30 9mm. Very easy gun to shoot, field strip and clean. Easily over 1500 rds with no real issue. Since I always clean after shoots, it seems I took care of minor loading issue breaking down and cleaning the mags. It is my intro in pistol ownership.

I love my H+Ks(P30 and vp 9) would buy more if they made more models. I WANT a USP elite if I can find one

I never had any issues with H+K CS--maybe they were rude to the CS rep and got an attitude in return?

if they said Sig CS was inept--I would go for it NOT H+K though

I once called HK and the person who answered cast a spell on me and turned me into a newt!

HK does have something of a reputation of being a bit more... difficult... to deal with than some of the other companies.

Dealt with H & K on two occassions. Always excellent service, and a quick turnaround on my firearm.....just saying.

I switched my "favorite gun manufacturer" from SIG to HK about fifteen years ago. Oh, I still like SIG's and currently have three along with three HK's, a USP 40, a compact USP 45, and an HK45c. If I left the house, knowing that I was walking into trouble, one of the HK's would be in my holster. I can't really comment on HK's CS, because the five I've owned have been 100%.

H&k customer service issues
Recently I went to a local gun store to view some guns as I'm getting ready to make a purchase. I was looking at the H&K P30. I was asking the person behind the counter a series of questions regarding reliability when another customer mentioned he HAD a H&K. His pistol malfunctioned so he called customer service and was treated rather rudely according to him. The worker verified he too had issues with their customer service.

Are these two isolated incidents of a common occurrence with this company?

I have my HK P30 9mm and HK45 and aside from the heavy DA trigger on the P30, these are both terrific guns. These are both "V3" DA/SA trigger variants. My experience with HK customer service is that they couldn't / wouldn't do a LEM trigger conversion on my P30, or any "P" gun, they will do the LEM conversion on the HK45 and the USP guns. This would have been a good bit of information to have before I bought the P30 "V3".

If my hindsight is perfect 20/20, I would have bought the P30S with the "V1" Light LEM trigger variant, since I had a chance to shoot one of these after I bought my P30 "V3", and I like the LEM trigger a lot better. But I can't rightfully blame HK CS if I bought my P30 with the wrong trigger variant and without the thumb safety to begin with, eh?

My wife and I ran a gunshop and gunsmith center for 7 years. I did all of the gun work, she did the other stuff. I absolutely hated dealing with HK the company. It was a pain and having an ffl didn't matter. I would even warn my customers before purchase so they knew what to experience.

As a German I have to say its a cultural thing.

Customer service at H&K is very good, but they don't do anything "no questions asked"and that's how it works in Germany.

Living here for 16 years now, I am amazed by USA return policy's and customer service replacing broken anything (TV's,Microwaves,Guns....) "no questions asked".

If you have a valid claim H&K will take care of you. They might ask some questions and want to check out your claim but if it's on them then you will be taken care of.
Some conversions can`t be done because the german goverment has a tight grip on what is allowed and what not .
Thats why H&K is planning to build a Handgun manufacturing plant in the US.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had a poor experience with HK customer service. They did fix his problem, but he said that the rep acted like they shouldn't have to since he was not law enforcement or military. According to him the rep essentially told him that civilians should not have their guns and that due to this all LE and military repairs would receive priority and they would get to his gun when they could. If I remember correctly, he said it took about 6 months to finally get his USP back. Things may be different now seeing as this happened a decade ago though.

As a German I have to say its a cultural thing.

Customer service at H&K is very good, but they don't do anything "no questions asked"and that's how it works in Germany.

Living here for 16 years now, I am amazed by USA return policy's and customer service replacing broken anything (TV's,Microwaves,Guns....) "no questions asked".

If you have a valid claim H&K will take care of you. They might ask some questions and want to check out your claim but if it's on them then you will be taken care of.
Some conversions can`t be done because the german goverment has a tight grip on what is allowed and what not .
Thats why H&K is planning to build a Handgun manufacturing plant in the US.

This.

I work for a German company, based in the USA of course. Miami, Florida to be exact.

It's IS a cultural thing indeed. My current boss and the one before him have worked with this company going on 20 years now. Issues can arise and instead of there being a recall on ALL items. It'll be under the radar and upon contact, maybe we'll deal with you, maybe.

I dont have any experience with H&Ks customer service but in my experience the Germans and Swiss are friendly but direct. In my business dealings with them I find them to greatly value process and procedure so that outcomes are consistent. I can see how this could be misconstrued as rudeness when viewed with an American perspective. In fact I felt the same way until I began to comprehend the cultural differences.

Again, I'm not saying that H&Ks customer service is good or bad I'm just saying the perceived rudeness might be more culturally related than company policy.

Back