H&A 32 XL Double Action for FREE

The Old Salt

I have a Hopkins & Allen 32 XL Double Action to give away!
Condition:
Finish - Chrome, est 85%
Missing front site blade.
1 chamber is split.
Firing pin filed down
Cylinder does index and lock up, not tight, but works.
Action works but trigger does not fully reset without a slight amount of assistance, suspect a good cleaning might correct this. It has improved with a generous application of Rem Oil.
Wooden H&A grips
Ser # is 4321 as best as I can make out, stamped on bottom of handle

This was given to me by the father of one of my friends when I was very young. I will never restore this to shooting condition, but it deserves a chance of a second life!

So are your the guy who is interested in restoring this one? All I want is the shipping and FFL fees covered.

Sounds almost like some of the close to new H&A, H&R, and Ivers I have come across. Good luck with that. I would not put up the shipping, let alone the transfer fee.

I understand she ante much of a pistol, even when she was new. That said if someone is interested and lives in NW Missouri, they could have it just for driving to meet me at a convenient time and location.

You had me at "32".

You lost me at "1 chamber is split."

I might still be interested if it could be shipped USPS flat rate to my FFL for a reasonable (cheap) price. Of course, that means it would have to be shipped by an FFL. In this part of the country, that's not an issue. Most FFLs will ship for only $3-5 more than actual cost. But I do understand that some parts of the country are infested with greedy FFLs.

Send me a PM if that might be workable.

If the gun is pre-1899 it can be legally shipped direct via USPS without interference of an FFL, provided there are no STATE laws prohibiting that.

Last edited:
Back