Guttersniipe Guardian - Anybody got one yet?

logansdad

Guttersnipe Guardian - Anybody got one yet?

I saw one in a local shop and have been lusting after it ever since. Selling a *&# revo to finance the deal.

Check it out at: http://www.naaminis.com/cshop1.html

Anyone have one yet? If so, what are your impressions? Does it come with action and carry bevel jobs or only the Guttersnipe sight system with tritium inserts? I saw one in the Gun List that said it had all of the above features, but can't recall whether the local gun had them all.

[Edited by logansdad on 02-08-2001 at 12:07 PM]

Logansdad, if I remember right, the ASP 9mm was equiped with a Guttersnipe Site, I don't know if it is the same. The one time I shot one, combat accuracy was fine, target was not
( I like a decent balance between the two) Stay Safe SPG

That is not a real Guttersnipe sight. The Guttersnipe was an add on sight developed by Paris Theodore for the ASP pistol and used a principle of converging trapazoids. The sight from the NAA Custom Shop appears to be a version of a groove sight developed by Dave' Custom Guns in Irving, Tx. May be Arlington, Tx. Contact Rich the grand poobah of TFL for contact info. Rich has a breakdown Marlin guide gun that was done by Dave's Custom. I will also check my references tonight, I may have the info at home. You can see an example of Dave's work at http://www.shotshowreports.com There is a link to a picture of some of his work as well. To answer one of your questions the sight work is available separately if that is the way you want it.

Jeff, I recall the sight that you mentioned and it is different than the one on the Guardian. Nevertheless, NAA is calling it the "Gutter Snipe" sighting system. Oh well, as for the sight being separate, the gun seems to be cheaper as a package. I plan to acquire one before the weekend is over, so I'll let you know how it works.

BTW, what does OTMG mean, Jeff?

Its useless in my opinion...
You want a good sight for the Gaurdian or ANY gun? Get the Ashley Express Standard Dot w/ Tritium.

Useless, George??

I assume you mean the Guttersnipe configuration - which we have established is not the true "original" Guttersnipe sight. However, the gun comes with three dot tritiums.

That would be DRC Custom Guns, David Clay is the owner and he is in Arlington, Tx. He invented the Rear Sight Channel System http://www.drccustomgunsights.com

As for the OTMG. A few years ago on another board a police officer from Victoria, Tx known as BKD in Tx noticed that I was able to participate in many conversations on the boards and that I owned a gun of the type being discussed. He commented that I owned too many guns. From that day forward I was refered to as Jeff the Owner of Too Many Guns, or OTMG.

LOL, Jeff!!

Unfortunately, "OTMG" is a label that every one of our spouses would most likely apply to us all!

As for the Guttersnipe Guardian (hereinafter referred to as GSG), I bypassed that gun in favor of a stock Guardian. The action on the GSG was quite rough and prone to much stacking. The trigger action on the stock gun was MUCH better.

Also, the GSG's only custom feature was the three dot tritium sight system. The gun had no action job or carry bevel package, which raises serious questions about the validity of the ad for a GSG that I saw in The Gun List.

And with the money I saved, I've already ordered a nice sharkskin pocket holster and some SS hexhead grip screws for my new toy from NAA. The price difference will also offset part of the cost of ammo for the break-in. Those Silvertips are expensive!!

Back