GunVault Biometric SpeedVault

epl1007

Considering getting a Biometric GunVault SpeedVault for my handgun. Does anyone own one and would you recommend them or are there better options. I like the vertical opening a lot. Thanks for your help
Erik

I have several speedvaults throughout the house, works awesome! Mine are not biometric. I'm a mechanic and my fingers stay too tore up to fingerprint well.

The vaults themselves are well built, quick to open and are lite with LED. The touchtone sound can be cut off to make your gun retrieval silent but when the vault opens it slams hard so not much gained there.

Mount them to a stud in the wall with the longest lag bolts you can.

As someone with small kids, I opted for biometric. The odds of my kid picking the right combination, minuscule... but the odds of them getting my finger print is even lower. I looked at the speed safe, did a lot of research, may still get one. I ended up getting a biometric safe by BARSKA so that I could store the weapon, a few mags, a flashlight and a few other select items I wanted in that safe.

Mechanical lock is my choice for reliable quick access. No smart guns or smart boxes for me. I still trust myself more than the current electronis used on handgun safes :D

Back