Gunsmith Recommendations

WilDJ

I need to have night sights installed on my Kimber Gold Match. I live in the Metroplex area and need recommendations on a good gunsmith to do the job. If you can also provide the cost, I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

Hello,

I'm actually in Bedford, Texas.

Lemme ask you a couple of questions to qualify my answer.

What part DFW are you in?

Are you open to IWI (fixed) or MMC (adjustable) night sights?

- Anthony

Hey Anthony...

Thanks for replying...Well to be exact, I am in Irving and I am looking at adjustable night sights if possible. Thank you.

Wil,

Why don't you take a little drive on a weekday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. and go to the MMC factory just past North East Mall and have the adjustable nightsights of your choice put onto your gun by their inhouse gunsmith?

He did my Glock 20 and Kahr K-40. Both are wonderful and you don't have to send your gun out.

What kind of gun are you trying to have done? What configuration of sights do you prefer? Bar-Dot Tritium? Three Dot Tritium?

I'll look at my MMC catalog and see if they do it?

- Anthony

Anthony, it is a Kimber Gold Match and I believe it will need BoMar sights. How much do the bar-dot go? And can you give me the exact address (St., City) for MMC please...Thank you.

Actually, MMC and IWI are sister companies and I believe it will be IWI that does the work. By sister companies, I mean that one owns the other and they are in the same building together.

Here is MMC's web address:
http://www.mmcsight.com/

From here you can get all the appropriate contact information you need.

When you go, don't be fooled by the fact that you can see the place from the Loop (820, I think), but you can't get to it from the Loop or service road. They are in a business park that has an entrance a couple of hundred yards from the Loop, sort of behind MMC/IWI and to the right as you face the place. While facing the Loop, MMC/IWI is really sort of in the rear of the business park.

Actually, though they share office space and IWI does the inserts, they are completely separate companies with different owners.

Back