Gunsite 1911 for under a $1000? Truth or Myth?

45automan

Hey guys saw this metioned on the forum here. All the dealers I have asked about it look at me like I am crazy! Does it exsist? How do I get one? Is there a waitng list?
Thanks for any info,45automan

Check it out at:
http://gunsite.com/Gunsmithy_index/Pistol_Catalog/pistol_catalog.html

Last time I checked a few months back, they had the basic model available for immediate delivery to your FFL dealer.

I suppose you can print all this off the Net including contact/ordering info and have your local dealer place an order for you.

You might also check out their upgrade option, if you are interested in customizing the base gun. Things like undercutting and radiusing under the trigger guard, semi-slim grip option, etc.

I've checked them out while at Gunsite. Good basic, no nonsense handfitted 1911.

Agree that, for a few hundred more you can order a Rock River Elite Commando (also available in Government Model slide) and you'll get a true custom gun with all match parts, better accuracy. However, last I heard they were backlogged 6 - 8 months. Good guys making great guns though. I checked them out at the SHOT show... Nice!

It had better exist, I pick mine up on Monday. My dealer stocked it, did not even have to order one. Better pick one up fast at $995 there are going to go to $1299 soon and use caspian frames and slides.

They do exsist I picked mine up last night.The basic pistol is $995.00.I had mine upgraded with the high cut and front strap checkerd.Also where the cherckering stops between the trigger guard and the checkering it is stippled for a real non slip grip.WeShoot you don't have to go to Gunsite to get one.You can order direct from Gunsite and they will send it to your FFL dealer.MPower is right they have just a few of these in stock.The GSP 2001 is going up in price on Caspian frames and slides but some things that are standard now will become extra cost options.Will let you know how it shoots just as soon as I get a chance. BILLG

Back