Guns with Stories-A Book Idea For Somebody

DaleA

In another section on this site SaxonPig showed a beautiful picture of a 1911 of his and told the story behind the gun.

Maybe some ambitious person (not me) could collect firearm photos and the story behind them and make up a coffee table picture book.

Might be something along the lines of the American Rifleman 'Favorite Firearms' page.

If the photos were as superb as the ones SaxonPig takes (there are several others here that take really good pictures too and I'd mention them but I'd forget some and that wouldn't be fair) and the stories were interesting it might be a fun book.

So I look forward to seeing a post where some young whippersnapper solicits photos and stories from us. Unless of course, this violates the rules of the site...then forget it.

With the high cost of actually printing on paper high quality pictures, maybe an online version would be easier to wrangle...I'll leave that to folk that don't have to go back to this sites instructions for posting a photo EVERY SINGLE BLESSED TIME I want to post a picture.

I have actually LONG had this idea but specifically for my own handguns. I would like to write some back story on every handgun I own... but alas, that takes time. And I am far too busy constantly digging through gun discussion forums! ;)

Back