Guns in Utah Schools?

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
http://www.sltrib.com/09111999/utah/22900.htm

Interesting article - ending in a quote saying that Utah is the last state to allow CCWs in schools.

Thats funny - I may have mine under a jacket, but while dropping off my oldest little one for his classes I have seen several carried quite openly.
(Yes - Mrs Kodiac and I decided to let our oldest try public school... He really wanted to and after inspecting the school, school board, and teachers - we let him.
Oh - the madated immunizations? You can get a waiver from the county health building... so if anyone gets sick - our son comes straight home. Fine with me!)
Where was I? Ah - open carry... Yes, I have seen a Glock, an couple 1911's and a Browning HP carried PROUDLY in yaqui slide rigs and exotic leather belt slide rigs.

We are joining the PTA next week... :)

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

None that I am aware of.

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

So, if I have it right the State School board wants to have violence in their schools.
Bureaucrats! Always trying to fix something that is not broken.

George, how does this play with the Fed (?) law of no guns within XXXX feet of a school? Or is that unapplicable for some reason?

Maybe Utah recognizes that the Federal regulation is out of line with the Constitution?

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

Back