Guns for cowboy shooting

bigpappa10mm

Inactive
I'm thinking about getting in to Cowboy shooting and currently have a Uberti 1873 Cattleman 357 with 7.5" barrel, a Navy Arms 44-40 Mod 1892 and a 20ga Stoeger Shotgun with 28" barrel. I was wondering if these were legal for SASS and if I need two pistols would it be ok to get a new Uberti with shorter barrel and carry it strong side and 7.5 as crossdraw or do my pistols have to match in barrel length, and also can I use my shotgun or do I need a coach gun Thanks

The guns you have are fine. Sure you can use a short and a long barrel together. Most use the short barrel for crossdraw tho. You do have a 70 degree rule and have to do the crossdraw dance to keep from sweeping anybody.

When using mismatched barrel lengths, most folks put the longer barrel in the crossdraw holster, myself included. A 4 5/8" barrel is still hanging at the same angle as a 7 1/2"er, and the longer barrel is typically easier and faster to draw from a crossdraw than from a drop holster.

I assume you're typing too fast, Hawg, and missed the 1, as it's 170°, not 70°. :)

I assume you're typing too fast, Hawg, and missed the 1, as it's 170°, not 70°

I just need to clean some of the B.S. out of my keyboard.:D Some of my keys stick. Most times I catch it but sometimes I don't.

Back