Gun Vault (cheap place to buy????)

Liquid

Hi well I am interested in purchaing a Gun Vault for my car. I have to get the small one becuase thats all that will fit under my seat. I was wondering if anyone knows a place on line or a mail order catolage where I can purchase one cheap.

Thanks
James

:p I bought my gun vault from ebay for $135 with shipping. That price was for a new unopened unit. The cheapest I found it advertised for was $149 plus $22 shipping. I would look to ebay if I were you.

truckvault.com sells them on eBay for $135. You can probably just call them and tell them you'd like that price. They are good folks there.

My auto safe, arrived today.

I just bought an auto safe for my truck. I bought it from www.Galls.com

Here's the info on it.

Electronic Lock Auto Safe
Mounts under your seat or in the trunk. Spring opening drawer protects items with key lock and hidden switch. Spring opening drawer.

It came with all the mounting hardware, remote switch, keys, and wire to set it up.

All for 84.99 plus shipping.

I am installing it this weekend. I can let you know, how it works out.

Check out galls and see if you like it. It was the cheapest, yet most secure one I've seen.

Hope this helps,

Highpower1

HP1,

This one looks interesting. Please let us hear how you like it after installation and use.

M

MRN,

I didn't have a chance to install it over this past weekend. However, I will be installing it tomorrow. I shall give you the results of it's operation after it is installed.

Highpower1

Safes?

The local locksmith has several, mostly German made, for between 1 & 200$. Don't remember the brand names, but I'm thinking for when I need to leave my carry gun in the car.:rolleyes:

Well, I finally got a chance to install the auto safe in my truck ('95 Ford F-150). After finally figuring out where I wanted to hide the remote button release in my truck and setting up the proper placement under the drivers seat in my truck. Installation was a snap. Just three wires, One wire runs to the release button, then you tie the second wire from the release button to the fuse box (simply hook it to a 10amp fuse), and then just other wire is a ground wire which can be grounded to the floor board.

After installation is complete, Just press the release button and the box will slide open. Opening the box is fast and easy.

The box also features a key lock, which you can use to lock when you are getting your car serviced, or using a valet service. (If the key lock is turned, the release button will not unlock the box).

It opens quickly and easily. I can easily store my firearm, spare set of cuffs, asp baton, and spare magazine in this safe.

Word of warning though, make sure you have the proper placement in your vehicle. I had to remount mine twice, due to the first time, it being to far back and it would bind with the seat bar, when you sat on it. That was easily adjusted (IE, I moved the safe up more).

The safe is completely hidden from on-lookers into the vehicle and very secure.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in seeing a photo of the installed safe, let me know. I'll gladly take a picture of it and show you.

Regards,

Highpower1

HP1,

Since you offered a photo.... would you when you get a moment?

I'm convinced I'll go with this one, but a picture of your installation might help mine out. It should just fit under the passenger's seat in my Tacoma - opening rearward. Not nearly as much room to work with a most trucks - more like a car...

thanks for the feedback,
M.

Back