Gun value Ruger M77/22 Mag

kyle1974

I'm looking at a used ruger M77/22 magnum in a gun shop, and they're asking $389 for it. The gun is on really good shape... can't see a scratch on it anywhere. I'm just wondering if this is a good price on the gun. They certainly don't seem to be very common at all... can't find any prices on gun broker to compare to...

what do you guys think... good deal, fair deal... rip off?

I don't know but if you want it and it looks good, you better scoop it up. Unless you are the kind of guy that likes to say "I wish I had.....". :)

I'm thinking it's a little on the high side, but probably in the ball park....

I was HOPING it was a deal of a lifetime, so it's easier to explain to the wife :D

I had one with the heavy barrel and laminated stock.
Had custom trigger work...not a great shooter and couldn't get much action for it online...ended up trading it in and got $275 in trade at gunshop.
Not a Ruger fan...Maybe should have kept it and bought a 17HMR barrel?
Don't miss it.

oh well... went back over there a few minutes ago, and it was gone....

I already have another 22 mag, and a ton of ammo.... just can't quite convince myself to get a 17 HMR

Kyle,
Stick with the .22mag,In my not so humble opinion the .22 mag is a far better cartridge than the .17HMR.
I shoot silhouette and @200m the 17HMR will not knock over a chicken and the .22Mag will.Bigger is usually better.:rolleyes:

oh well... went back over there a few minutes ago, and it was gone....

Yea, regardless of what personal opinions may be posted here... That was actually a very decent price. If I had seen it; I would have snapped it up on the spot, as well.

Back