Gun Value Question - Full Auto Tommy Gun

NFANOOB

Inactive
I apologize in advance if this post isn't in the right area.

I'm looking to get some information on the value of 2 full auto Tommy Guns. The receiver is stamped

"US Navy"
"Model of 1928"

Any help or knowledge will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Depends on if they are registered or not.
If registered-worth a LOT.
If not registered, worth 20 years in the federal penitentiary.

Yes. They are registered. I'm a FFL holder with SOT and my local PD came to me with questions about selling them. They have 2. I have pictures if that would help. Thanks again.

I have a friend from Pennsylvania who use to say "My parents always told me to study hard and got to Penn State but my brother got it wrong and went to the State Pen".

There were two for sale by Forsythe County NC and I saw another single for sale in NC. Last Tuesday the bidding on the single was I want to say 20K and I figure it will likely go for 30K. The pair I saw in NC Forsythe County were registered in 68 but there was an issue of how they were registered. The pair were also part of an older listing. Anyway the single was up to 20K last Tuesday and I figure it will run out at around 30K. For a short fleeting moment I actually thought about it. I just have a hard time justifying thirty grand for a machine gun. :)

Ron

The first full auto I ever fired was a Thompson 45 that belonged to an NC Sheriff's Dept.

They had an old car on the range and it was fun seeing all those big holes appear.

There's a nice one on Sturmgewehr for $46K that still isn't selling. So, I'd say something less than that is what it is worth, depending on condition. Also a 1921AC listed for $45K that doesn't appear to have sold either.

Back