Gun Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a couple more weeks, a trust won't be as much help as it is now.
We have a trust to maintain control of our NFA items in the case of a death in the family. A trust also cut out the LEO sign off clause. I still have a couple of apps in ATF limbo but those will likely be our final purchases for a LONG time.

GunMaverick said:
Why will trusts be not needed soon? Are there new laws coming out soon?
No laws have changed, but the way the ATF processes Form 4s (and Form 1s) will change on July 13th. These new rules are called 41F. Here's a basic rundown of 41F:

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/

Basically, 41F makes it a little harder to purchase an NFA item through a trust, but it makes it easier to purchase an NFA item as an individual.

Just read the new rules,

This is bull! Registering suppressors, photo card for NFA, this sounds like a law ripe for abuse and discrimination. This isn't a political forum so I won't go into what I think about our current government, but isn't the whole point of the 2A so that if the government becomes tyrannical, we rise up? How are we supposed to do that if the government knows who owns heavy firepower and where they keep it! I can't curse on the forum, but I really want to right now!

Angrily,

GunMaverick

Edit: I do not advocate rising up at this time.

GunMaverick

Gunkid is that you........?!?

Any thoughts on an AR15 style rifle with a 10" barreled .22LR chambered AR15 upper receiver with a screw on suppressor being placed on an NFA Trust ?

Lastly, Welcome to the forums.

Regards,

Rob

Last edited:
Any thoughts on an AR15 style rifle with a 10" barreled .22LR chambered AR15 upper receiver with a screw on suppressor being placed on an NFA Trust ?

I SBR'd a M&P 15/22. Cut the barrel to 7.5" and thread my can on under the handguard. The can sticks out just far enough to be taken off again barehanded. About an inch.

That is one of the most fun guns ive ever shot. I can hand it to gunshy folks and they LOVE it. Just a joy. No recoil...no loud noise. Basically like a bb gun but with more satisfying effect on steel tgts:D:D

GunMaverick said:
Just read the new rules,

This is bull! Registering suppressors, photo card for NFA
The new rules are actually an overall improvement over the current ones. Silencers and other NFA items are already currently registered. The difference with the new rules is this: Every "responsible person" on your trust has to submit passport photos and fingerprints when you buy an NFA item (currently that's only required when filing as an individual). Yes, that's an extra annoyance. But they removed the CLEO sign-off requirement if you're filing as an individual, which is pretty great.

So under the current rules, people like me who live in places with anti-gun CLEOs are forced to set up a trust because that's our only option. But after July 13th the CLEO sign-off requirement goes away, so a trust will no longer be required to buy a silencer or other NFA item.

No, it's far from bull; the new rules are an improvement and will make silencers and other NFA items more accessible to the average person. 41F was an overall win for gun rights.

Last edited:
GunMaverick Hi all,

Can anyone give me the low down on NFA gun trusts? What are they, how they work, etc.
They already have.........read the excellent sticky at the top of this forum. ;)

Theohazard Basically, 41F makes it a little harder to purchase an NFA item through a trust, but it makes it easier to purchase an NFA item as an individual.
True, other than including a copy of the trust, it makes the process identical.
Everyone who can lawfully possess the NFA firearm will be required to submit fingerprints and photographs......whether they are an individual or a member of a trust.

GunMaverick Just read the new rules,
This is bull! Registering suppressors, photo card for NFA, this sounds like a law ripe for abuse and discrimination. This isn't a political forum so I won't go into what I think about our current government...
"Our current government" didn't pass the National Firearms Act of 1934.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back