• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

"Gun Shows" forum?

Tall Man

Hello Rich, et al:

I've noticed a marked increase in requests for gun show schedules. These "arms bazaars" (as I like to refer to them) are more important than ever when one contemplates the current political climate.

Even if Governor Bush prevails as our next president-elect, the fight will go on at one level or another for time eternal. It is important for all of us to support the aforementioned shows to the extent that we are able to do so.

That being said, may I respectfully suggest that you consider the addition of a "Gun Show Schedule" forum to TFL's Forum Index?

I'm just about to go to the General Discussion forum to post a listing of scheduled guns shows for my area of the country. Most requests for said schedules, as well as unsolicited show schedules themselves, seem to find there home in this forum, or the Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises forum.

I am not well-versed in information technology, and cannot comment intelligently on the bandwidth or server requirements of my request. So, I'll leave this idea in your capable hands.

Thanks,
Tall Man

Tall Man-
It's been brought up before and, like before, it's a tempting suggestion. The server and traffic load isn't a problem, but the utility is. Think about how and why people use TFL, a site for National, if not international firearms and BoR issues. That said, can you picture many people running into a national Forum on Gun Shows to find out if one is going on close to home?

If we could find someone to manage such a task on a weekly basis, we'd gladly put up a link with the US map for people to do a quick check for their area. ........

And, in typing that, I may have just gotten a scathingly brilliant idea. It's in my mind that, in Florida at least, there are only two or three sponsors that put these shows on Statewide. If that's the case across the nation, we can offer them free exposure and they can offer us yearly schedules and, perhaps, manpower to maintain the links.

Can we get a volunteer to follow up on this?
Rich

Back