Gun Show Success!!

mk70ss

1_A1_CAD54_6_F93_4698_8_B5_C_5_FA4_EF42_FB10.jpg

I’ve been looking for awhile now for a really nice Colt Trooper MKIII and finally scored today at a local gun show.

New Gun Day (NGD), IMhO, is always a cause for celebration and it looks like you good a fine one there.

I like the barrel length, the finish and the grips (even though the grips don't fit me and I'd put a set of Pachmayrs for shooting--but I'd keep the original ones for show.)

I'm a Ruger fan but I can't deny the Colt has a certain 'class' to it that sets it apart from others.

One thing though, maybe one of the mods or someone could resize your photo. I can't because on the rare occasion I post a photo I have to go back to the instructions in the tech section and fight through them like every time was my first time.

Good luck!

Nice Colt-I have one just like it but mine is a commemorative. Your find is a reminder of one of the many reasons why I still love attending gun shows.

Excellent find!

The first revolver I ever bought was a Trooper MkIII in .22LR, and the second a matching MkIII in .357. Here they are:
KNrkk8R.jpg

Since then, I added three more MkIIIs as well as a few more Colts, a few Rugers and a bunch of S&Ws.

One more note from yesterday, I noticed quite a few I frame S&W revolvers for sale. There were at least ten for sale, and I just hadn’t seen too many before. Cute little things.

Looks great.

I like the pre-Mk III versions. This one isn't nearly as nice and shows a lot of "character" but I only paid 2 bills for it.

standard.jpg

Back