Gun show pickup

golfnutrlv

Who says you never find anything good at a gun show!! (at least in this case).

Picked up a Lee Enfield Rifle No 4 MkI* Lend-Lease rifle made by Savage Arms in mid-late 1943. Wood is pretty good, metal parts are good enough to be a shooter. Bore is WONDERFUL! No pitting or rust at all. Cleaned up quickly with no issues.

Enjoy:

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

Enfield2.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

I don't mind...

$260 cash out the door. Seller had it marked $325, and we reached a reasonable compromise.

It's my second Enfield, probably not my last either. I have always loved the Lee Enfield rifle.

idk how much they typically go for but i'd be delighted to get one at that price. i really like bolt actions with protruding magazines like that. :)

I've wanted another Enfield for a long time. I didn't buy the first one I saw. It's been my observation, that a a lot of Enfields you see have been....heavily abused.

Seen some so bad, you wonder if they will even shoot.

I don't know if this is the same gun, but about 2 years ago, I saw a lend lease rifle in similar condition to this one at my local gun show. I didn't know enough about the rifle at the time, and it was marked $450 :eek:

I didn't buy it, and had regretted it until yesterday. Hopefully the rains will stay away and I can get to the range.

Well,

Got to the range. Here are the results at 200 yards. Took a couple sighters at the dirt, then it was on paper the rest of the time. The black paste over spots are from another rifle, re-used the target (ya, i'm cheap:D)

I'm very happy with it's performance!! Not bad for just running the handloads from my other Enfield. It can only get better with a tailored load.

DSC01783.jpg

Great Deal, on an outstanding Rifle, You did really well, that 200 yard target looks awesome, it looks like it groups nicely. Congratulations.

Great buy on the rifle. Locally, I've seen some in a lot worse condition sell for $450+. Seems like a very nice shooter.

How is the recoil on it? and what loads are you using?

Recoil is fairly mild. I'm not really recoil sensitive though. Similar to my M1 Garand. However, I notice a big difference between the number 4, and my number 5 Jungle Carbine. Lot more recoil in the carbine.

My favorite bullet fo the Enfield id a 174 Gr Matchking. I just started experimenting with IMR3031, which is supposed to be good for .303. Had good results so far. Today I just shot some older Varget loads. Planning on load development starting this week.

Back