Gun show mysteriously "postponed"

Art W

Inactive
The annual gun show at the Valley Forge Convention Center in Pennsylvania was scheduled for March 6 & 7. I got there this morning and a crowd of people were gathered in the parking lot. We were told that the show was being rescheduled possible for the end of March. No explanation as to why. Alot of pissed off folks who drove from Delaware and New York were there. The rumor circulating is that the ATF kindly asked the Center to hold off on the show while they try to get the gun show legislation passed. Interesting huh?

So, the law hasn't even been passed and BATF is already playing games? Can you confirm this?
BTW: I've already contacted my congress critters about this. I suggest all of you do the same.

The last time I went to a gun show here in TN , right after Xmas. The promoters of the event were announcing that "memberships" to the Middle Tennessee firearms collectors association (or somehting like that) were being sold for a nominal fee ($20 If I remember right).

These memeberships, according to the promoters, were going to *possibly* be necessary to attend future gun shows, due to pending legisaltion.

I have heard nothing else about this "membership" deal and have considered it a cheap, sick, money making ploy of the Promoter. Does anyone have any info that should change my mind?

Rob, just a theory here but I have seen it done before. Should the govt restrict gun shows a 'gun show' will need to be defined as was an 'assault weapon' and a 'high capacity ammunition feeding device'. Since the NICS transactions are not going to be required on private transfers but only transfers done at 'gun shows' a 'gun show' may be defined as open to the public. If they set up a membership requirement to attend the show then it is not open to the public and private transactions could take place without a NICS check. This was done by bars (private clubs) in many states until the passage of liquor by the drink. I am sure Klinton will refer to this as a 'loophole' rather than compliance as he did with the formerly legal to import AK variants with the thumbhole stocks.

Back