Gun Show findings

Kodiac

I am not sure where this topic should go -
So I will put it here:

Carbine Kit. Found an interesting and very slick looking carbine kit that replaces the slide of a 1911 (Glock and a couple other guns are also available). Kits available in 9MM .40 and .45... It looked very cool. By a company called "Mech Tech" The kits were 400 or less depending on the perticular caliber and gun component. Very cool way to stock your Glock - or your Colt... Company Email: djsalye@cyberport.net for more info. It was sold by Impact Tactical Weapons: www.impactguns.com But I havent looked at the site yet. Very slick carbine - If it was available for HK USP frame - Then I would have bought it ASAP!

Another cool thing... A "Pre Ban Bushmaster Pistol" only $600. Made with many AR-15 parts and took standard GI mags. It didn't look like an AR type pistol at all. It was a Bull Pup configuration... Any one here have any knowledge of this type of gun?

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

Bushmaster did make a bullpup at one time (they still may). There's a good article about them on ar15.com. A fairly cool idea, but I've always been wary of all bullpups.

Bushmaster still makes a bullpup model. It's the M17S. It's designed from the AR18 and not the AR15. There is a favorable writeup on this weapon in the latest SAR.

No no - not that rifle - a bullpup pistol!
PISTOL... I know the diffrence. This pistol was big, bullpupped, taking standard AR mags. The receiver swiveled left or right. so you could eject in either direction.

The carbine kit -
here is a link to the website:

http://www.mechtechsys.com

Take a look at it - like I said - pretty slick! It is just a couple hundred bucks - I may have to get one!

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited April 20, 1999).]

The Mech-Tech CCU is available to fit the following pistols (calibers noted)

1911 Colt and clones:
Beretta / Taurus:
Browning Hi-Power:
Glock: 9mm; 40 S&W; 10mm; 400Corbon; 45ACP
9mm; 40 S&W
9mm; 40 S&W
9mm; 40 S&W; 10mm; 45ACP

------------------
"There is no Spoon"

Kodiak. I checked out the site. It's ugly, very strange and just plain weird. Now I've got to have one. Trouble is now I've got to buy a 1911 to put it on. (I wonder what kind of excuse I'm going to have to think up to justify buying this one! :) )

Ya'll might want to think about another 1911 carbine kit as well. It combines a 16" barrel and detachable shoulder stock. Nothing fancy, but cheaper and a quick change over. Gun Parts Corp., http://www.gunpartscorp.com (914) 679-2417 offers the parts for it.

Stock:..............$69.50
16" Bbl:............$69.95
Kit: (SRG-5B)...$124.95

It should be noted however that mounting the stock alone would be in violation of the 1938 National Firearms Act.
Gunslinger

Kodiac,
Go to www.bushmaster.com. They don't make the pistol any longer, but they do have accessories and parts. It uses standard AR-15/M-16 magazines. The grip can be rotated around the barrel so that the magazine can lay off to either side of your forearm. I understand it worked pretty good and is definately one of the ultimate handguns. You'd look like you stepped out of a sci-fi movie.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal
weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the
monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Kodiak
Just looked at the Mech Tech site. Interesting looking piece.
On the AR bullpup pistol, sorry I misread your text.
Standard Catalog of Firearms lists it only as a description,"A .223 caliber semi-automatic pistol with an 11.5" barrel and 30-shot magazine. Early models had alloy frames; later models, steel. Parkerized, and walnut stock."
In The Complete AR-15/M16 Sourcebook by Duncan Long there is a small section on the history of this weapon starting on page 92.

Back