Gun Ranges in Texas that Rent Guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipper

I've heard a lot of people suggest that before purchasing a handgun, you should go to a range and rent guns that you're interested in buying. I live in the Fort Worth. Texas area and I've only been able to find one range that rents guns, and they only have a few Glocks and a Beretta.

It appears that a number of Firing Line members are from Texas. If you know of any ranges in the DFW area that have a decent selection of guns to rent, please let me know. I'd love to find one and try out several different 45's, particularly Sig and HK.

Thanks for any help

It's a bit of a drive for you but the Bullet
Trap in Plano has a good selection of handguns for rental use. I didn't count them but it looked like they had 40-50 different guns, good cross section of calibers and makes.

There is another range (don't remember the name) on the SW corner of E. Loop 820 at Lancaster in East Fort Worth that has a little bit better selection than Gun World including a Desert Eagle 44 Magnum. If you don't mind driving to Dallas, the DFW Gun Range has an extensive collection of HKs, Glocks, Sigs, and others available for rental, I think, for $6. I am not sure, but I think you can rent anything for sale also. They are on W. Mockingbird between I-35 Stemmons and Harry Hines.

Pipper,

On Target is a great range in Southwest Fort Worth. Take Granbury Highway Southwest from Loop 820. They are on the left about six miles. Their phone number is (817) 443-1488.
They have a great selection of rental pistols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back