Gun ranges are closed in NY

cw308

During this time I looked into air guns , I bought a Remington RAC 1911 BB Pistol . Built a tatget BB Trap , got the pelgunoil , Co2's & steel BB's and tomorrow I'm ready to go . The pistol is the same frame as a 1911 and it blows back like the real thing . Better then nothing , anyone out there into air guns?

Chris

I got into them myself this year even though my range is always open. I have a rifle range at my hunting camp and go there one or two times a week. In fact, I just loaded my SUV up with four guns and I'm heading out in the morning. I never owned an airgun, not even as a kid. I shot competitions all my life with rifle, handgun, shotgun, and archery, but never even tried an airgun. Looking for something new to do, I did a lot of research and jumped into a PCP air rifle in .22cal. It's a Daystate Regal Huntsman XL, made in England. This thing is amazingly accurate. It rivals my Anschutz out to fifty yards and is very capable of shooting five shot groups under .5" center to center at that distance. Like a .22lr, it was an exercise finding which pellet (think projectile) it preferred for best accuracy. A lot of them shot good, some very good, and a couple were just outstanding. The fit and finish of this gun is also superb. I can't believe I've been missing out on these things for all these years. They simply aren't your old Daisy Red Rider. They're a hoot to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 20
NSB
You sure did the research , very nice rifle . Accuracy is outstanding , all our ranges in my neck of the woods are closed do to the virus , I usually shoot once a week , warm weather 308 benchrest and in the cold months indoors hand gun . Now a BB Pistol , nothing special but it's fun to shoot . Your PCP rifle is top shelf and opens up a new world of shooting . Thanks for answering , Be well and again , nice shooting .

Chris

Back