gun ranges and practice tips needed

somoss

Inactive
hi i am pretty new to guns in general and just picked up a 22 lr bolth action and would like to find a place to practice. i live in montgomery maryland. anyone have any tips for ranges and decent gun clubs to join. place where a 37yo guy who is a gun virgin iw welcome.
any other tips would be appreciated

Usually bolt actions are indeed rifles. :D

If you don't mind the drive, the NRA range is in Fairfax VA. Prices are very reasonable and if you go during off-peak times you can stay indefinitely.

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/nrahqrange/

While you're there ask about safety classes they offer so you can learn the basics of firearm handling/shooting.

When you drive around with your .22, be sure it's in a LOCKED container in the back of the vehicle, unloaded. MD is fidgety with their gun laws. :mad:

locked container?

what is accepted as a locked container? a small padlock on my canvas gun bag. padlock the 2 zippers together?

Bolt action pistols

You guys forgot the one, the only (at the time :p ), The Remington XP-100 in .221 Fireball! (Triple, super heavy duty earmuffs, please! :D )

NRA in Fairfax VA

Somoss,

Join us @ the NRA in Fairfax, VA. Very friendly range. Have met some fine folks out there.

There are some IPSC clubs all over the Washington DC metro area, Maryland included. Just search under USPSA.org.

Most clubs have shooting ranges that cater to all caliber rifles.

Back