gun rack

paltik

Pls. help me regarding my project, my small gun vault is already full and im planning to use our spare room(w/ my wife's permission, of course) as my Dream Gun Room..

Anyone who has an idea re: gun racks or gun cradle designs??? for rifles and maybe handguns...

Thank you very much!!!

------------------
REY MARIANO

I've heard that some of the police supply stores have some good rack systems. Been meaning to go down to one myself to check out a couple of potential solutions to my own construction questions.

Some folks actually use a portion of the basement, use masonry to make a room, and then buy a vault door from someone like Fort Knox or Liberty Safe. Not fireproof, but pretty secure.

Inside safes, for door mounts, they effectively use a hook mounted to holes in the door lining. You could do the same with pegboard. The hook is covered with a clear plastic sleeve / hose in order to protect the finish on your triggerguards.

Good luck.

Contact the NRA. They have a book on Gun Cases and boxes. Included within are designs for racks.

If overseas postage rates from the NRA gets too expensive, you may ask one of your relatives if (s)he can find it here in a local gunshop.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I've been workin' on my "gunroom" for quite a while. I have been using 6" nails (in the studs of course), and clear aquarium tubing.
I cut about 3 1/2" of tubing, slip the nail in it, and hammer 'em in where I want the gun to hang.
Not very fancy or attractive, but when the guns are resting in place, the nails are barely noticeable, and your eye is drawn to the guns instead of what's holding them.
I think if the nails were painted wall color, they would be even cleaner looking.
Good luck!

------------------
Happiness is a tight group!

Isnt that a DREAM?

"Honey, I'll be in the Gun Room with the fellas! Uh, can you send up some Nachos?

:)

Some day...

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Several years ago I built a secure room in my basement much like JT mentioned. Walled off the back wall with masonry with rebar. Studded the interior, insulated, drywall and floor to ceiling pegboard. The hardware stores sell a liquid-rubber like material for insulating tool handles, I dipped the pegboard hooks in this and it works very well. Not sure of any brand names. Also installed a dry air dehumidifier that I ordered from Brownell's that doesn't require you to empty water. When I was finished I built a shelving unit in front of the entrance. This is in the rear of my workshop and anyone coming in just sees a bunch of hand tools.

112.jpg

Gun Cabinets, Racks, Cases & Pistol Boxes
Photographs, drawings and plans for constructions. Also, how to make holsters, bench rests, or a loading bench. 22 Pages Softcover
Contains articles on the following:
Something New in Gun Cabinets
Displaying Firearms to Advantage
A Wall Display Case
An Attractive Gun Rack
Making A Pistol Rack
You Can Make A Holster
A Cabinet For Your Guns
Making A Rifle Case

price 2.95
you can find it here. http://www.nrahq.org/store/store.cgi?list=Reprints

------------------
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"

General Dwight D. Eisenhower-- June 6,1944
------------------------

http://www.homestead.com/gunrights/Guns_and_Gunrights.html

Kimber Man - you Da Man. Just what I was talking about. Rey, check it out. And yes Rey, the Golden Rod is a dehumidifier. You should have one or two considering how humid it is in your part of the world.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

The Golden Rod wasn't quite big enough for the room that I built. The unit I got from Brownell's could probably be obtained from other sources as the box it came from said it was for campers and moble homes in the off season. It emits a continuous flow of warm air that keeps the room about 75 degrees and very dry.

Back