Gun Owners TV

Johnny Rowland of The Shootin Show (noon slot on their proposed schedule line-up) brought a similar proposal to me a few years ago, along with the owner of one of the few privately owned Television channels in the country.

When I heard about it the channel was not only going to focus on firearms, but be more of a conservative Republican channel, including a lot of religous and conservative "family" programming.

I have emailed the people working on this project to find out if it is in some way connected to the original one, or if it is new. The fact that the primary Email address is inoperable, the other one is a HOTmail address and many images on the site are unloadable does not bode well for this particular project.

Either way, It takes big $$$$ to run a channel like that. Even more if it is going to be of acceptable quality. $$$ that are unlikely to come from within the industry.

On a related topic, one of my non-firearms marketing projects has recently included a new 24 hour Intertnet Television Network. As most of you know, 10 years from now, TV and the internet will likely be one and the same. A show or even a whole channel on a new Internet Network (akin to TBS, ABC, Speedvision, Food Channel, etc, etc,) would not be nearly as hard. While the immediate exposure would not be as good as a channel on DirecTV, it would certainly be a great investment in the future.

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited March 05, 1999).]

Back