Gun owners march on DC

BigFang

I was checking posts on the Shooters online board. There is talk of puting together a rally/march on Washington, DC in July for gun owners.
Go to this site:
http://www.shooters.com/guntalkactivitiesframe.html
Click on "Legal & Political" on the right side of the screen. Then read The March - Decline of America.

Hey, guys, are you non-NRA members too? Who will be laughing when we can't have firearms at home anymore, any the only wat to shoot anything is to "rent" a gun before you go out in the morning, and return it by "curfew" time in the evening? If Gun owners from all walks dont pull together and organize in to groups, we will never fight the anti's on their level. We don't have to carry guns to carry our message and fight the GOOD fight!

BigFang: Yes, I am a very proud NRA and CRPA member. I give them money whenever I can, which admittedly isn't often. Starving college student and whatnot. There's no way I could get out there. I was just musing that an armed march would be a stronger statement.

Ed Brunner: isn't that 1967(?) DC march the very reason they outlawed the public carry of loaded weapons in DC, with the obvious exception of police? They were afraid…

My feeling about a march on Washington DC by any pro-gun group would result in massive attacks on the group by FedGoons. In the aftermath, it will be found that the marchers were armed and fired on the FG's first. Never mind that, the marchers had not been armed and the "found" weapons had been planted, the press and the FedGoons would make it appear it was a violent attack on Washington.

My points of reference: The march on Washington by the WWI vets looking for help during the Depression, Waco and thousands of BATF raids.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited April 30, 1999).]

I think that Henry Bowman would have a better chance than an (unarmed) herd. Interestingly, photos from 1917-early 1920s, taken during Russian Civil war, showed many scenes of "peaceful demonstrators" being machinegunned by Czarists...later turned out they were innocents murdered by Commies :(

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."

D6;I'm not talking about 1967.I wasnt even born then( ;) ).I am talking about Louie's
1,000,000 man march.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Back