Gun Oh No's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim V

I am not talking about accidents (ND's and the like) but selling off or trading away a firearm that 1/2 a pico second later you were screaming, mentally, "OH NO!"

I have had two real big ones.

I bought a minty Springfield (Fed. Gov. type) 1911 at a gun show, put it with my display and was shortly later offered big bucks for it.
Sound of palm striking forehead.

I had a pair of Randall 1911A1's, a right and a left hand pistol, with spare magazines for both pistols, and a fancy holster and belt set for the pistols. As an aside, Randall made mirror image 1911's, everything that could only work one way was the mirror image of the right hand part. I had the rig on display at a gun show with the rest of teh 1911 collection and was enticed into selling the set for more money than I ahd into the entire set up. Real loud sound of palm striking the forehead!

Anybody else have them moments? Not "I shudda bought that '73 Winchester for $150.00" things but "Why the hell, did I sell that for?" moments.

BTW, It was kinda fun slipping a shooter on the range a left handed Randall magazine and have him go nuts trying to figure why it would not work in his pistol.

OOPS, POSTED ON WRONG FORUM-SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE GENERAL FORUM.

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited November 29, 1999).]

No prob...I'll move it over to Gen'l and lock it here

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back