Gun laws in Scandinavia???

Can anyone point me to a site which has Scandinavia's gun ownership laws on it? I'd prefer something authoritative, but will happily accept any lead. (Search engines have turned up zilch -- or else I'm asking the wrong questions)

Thanks for any help.

B

Baldeforums?

Are you being "hairist"? Are those of us who are hirsutely-challenged lesser persons, to be scorned?

:)

Thanks, RAE -- I'll try bladeforum. ;)

Cheers
Bruce

I'm sorry I can't help you now, but in a week or two I could. I have a classmate from Sweden, but he went home for Christmas break. He should be back soon, new semester starts in two weeks.
From what he said the laws are strict, and the guns are very expensive. He was trying to find a way to buy one in the U.S. and take home, because they are much cheaper here.
I could be worng, but from talking to him, I think you're only allowed to own bolt action rifles.

Couldn't begin to guess about web sites, if there are any, but have you tried contacting the embassy of consulate of a particular country. They should be able to give you such information.

Bruce,
Nothing definite that I know of, but you could check the "Unofficial Dutch AR15 page". Kuiper is one of the moderaters at www.ar15.com and you can link to his site from there. He is a competitive shooter in the Netherlands, his site has a brief rundown of laws in the Netherlands, and a message board. Maybe somebody there could help you.
Bergie

We have a TFLer from one of the Scandanavian countries; Gattling if I recall is from Finland. Use the search feature to get email.

Back