Gun, Knife? How about Wasp Killer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to a broadcast about Urban survival. Wasp spray shoots 20 feet. It blinds your opponent. EZ Off oven cleaner does the same thing. Then you have time to determine if you want to pull your gun or not.

Just some alternatives. Opps, the bad guy startled me while I was trying to remove wasps officer. It was an accident!

We keep a Machette in our kitchen. We use it to cut Pizza because you can rock the blade over the pizza. I also hear it works to ignore people before you brandish your weapon and put yourself in potential legal trouble.

Is it unlawful to own pepper spray? Are you trying to save a buck?

For a can the same size, bear spray is good for 30-35 feet. Some other people may have issues with spraying someone in the face with lye as opposed to pepper spray.

I don't know if over cleaner will really spray 20 feet.

Wasp spray shoots 20 feet. It blinds your opponent. EZ Off oven cleaner does the same thing.

As Win_94 mentioned, something that a reasonable person would see as causing an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury is considered lethal force. I don't think it would be very difficult for someone to argue that getting sprayed in the face with either product would not result in serious bodily injury and possibly death.

Think about it from the opposite perspective, if someone tried to spray you in the face with wasp spray, would you be justified in shooting them?

If you are going to use something in self-defense that carries the same legal problems as using a firearm, then it had better be as effective as a firearm in stopping the attack.

If you get a lung full of the stuff, it will do you in also.

Plus, this is judgment call and we want to discuss serious usages. Many household products could be used in an extreme emergency but that's not our role.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back